The North Somerset Enterprise and Technology College (NSETC) is celebrating a fantastic first year since opening its doors in September 2014.
Our new campus is coming along nicely (with BAM Construction currently working on the steel frame which will be completed later this month) and our students and staff have already begun to make their mark, both locally and nationally.
Some of the highlights of the 2014-15 year include:
- NSETC Motorsports students began working on several high-end racing cars, including an entrant into the Le Mans 24 Hours rally and the Formula Ford race car driven by Roger Orgee.
- NSETC students elected the school’s first Students’ Union.
- The School’s Young Enterprise students won an award for having the ‘Best Trade Stand’ at the Young Enterprise Awards’ regional heats.
- In December, NSETC held its first Business Breakfast.
- NSETC teacher Ruth Hetherington won an award for being the ‘Best Centre Lead’ at the Young Enterprise Awards.
- One of our IT students came second in the World Skills Web Design regional final, held at Weston College.
- NSETC students were given the opportunity to go on several educational trips to places including: Oxford Instruments, GKN, the University of Bristol. the National Composite Centre and Rutherford Appleton Laboratory.
We’re looking forward to welcoming all of our returning students and those who are joining us for the first time this year, and hope that the coming year will build upon and exceed the successes of the last!